Saturday, January 19, 2013

Going Back, Going Forward

Whilst (love that little st thing) taking a break from getting the vintage motor car prepared for another crack at Sno*Drift, we were thinking back at some of the car oddities in rallying that you just don't get today.  Among current model vehicles. there are just a small handful of brands, and within those brands, an even slimmer choice of models that seem to hit the forest trails.  So just for fun, I felt the urge to throw this classic out there, a nice photo from my archive that I would like to share.


This is from the Marquette 1000 rally in da UP, 1976.  This was a scouting trip to see what the hell was going on in the woods, as it was my first rally to watch and spectate at, after working the El Diablo rally in Green Bay a month or two earlier.  From this experience, a vortex opened the money pit in my live called rallying.  Ain't it G R A N D!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please and thank you.